Aug 19, 2015

Life Improved Honorable Mention - Billie Jo Jackson & Jessica Gonyou

Billie Jo Jackson
Over the past few weeks we've honored our seven Life Improved Award winners and 14 other nominees. Today we're honoring our final recipients, Billie Jo Jackson and Jessica Gonyou, who worked together as members of the ACT team.

Here's what was said about Billie Jo and Jessica.
"I believe this message should be addressed to Meg Demers. I have wanted to write this for quite a while now. First of all, I am NOT Misti anyone. My actual name is Rebecca Goulart. I do not use my real name online so please forgive the deception. United Helpers graced me with a wonderful young woman, Jessica Gonyou, who helped to make my life so much better at a point when I was about as low as I could be. I came to UH's attention when I went to Massena Mental health (Wellness Center now) and I was homeless and at the end of my rope. I was connected with one young woman who seemed to be helpful, but she wasn't. I requested someone new, and was blessed with Jess. My life went uphill from that point onward. Jess helped me be more comfortable while I camped, and then helped me get into an apartment. I was given a subsidy to help me with rent, and that proved to be a true blessing. I had so many hopes and dreams that I thought would never pan out, but because I was helped so much, I have begun the process of seeing those dreams begin. At 54 years old, I still have a few long-term goals, and I fully expect to see them come to pass. I just want to thank all of you for being there. The programs you offer truly are the life-saving kind. With my health issues, I couldn't have survived a lot longer being homeless, and I also wouldn't have had enough money to help myself. Jess was with me every step of the way from having nothing to getting on my feet enough to actually leave Massena like I wanted to. She even took me to court and sat in on my hearing when I went for my disability. I have met a few of your staff since Jess took over as my case/care manager, and you have every reason to be proud of this crew. Billie Jo Jackson also assisted me greatly in the last few months before I left. Of all the gals I met, Jess had the deepest compassion, and a truly giving and caring heart. I feel blessed to have been in her care, and I think you are also blessed so much for having such a compassionate spirit on board. My thanks for all that has been done for me, on my behalf, and thanks for offering the programs that you do to help others. You are ALL angels on Earth. Wishing peace and blessings to all of you."

***Jessica is no longer employed by United Helpers and has taken a job with a different company.

No comments:

Post a Comment