Apr 30, 2015

Right at Home with Northern Lights Home Care



Canton – Ruby Rexford of Canton, NY will tell you that she had a battle with pneumonia this winter and while it was rough, she came out on top with the help of Northern Lights Home Health Care.

“I was so weak that the rescue squad had to take me to the hospital,” Mrs. Rexford said. She was admitted to the hospital and then later discharged a few weeks later to RiverLedge Health Care and Rehabilitation Center where she recuperated for two months until she was well enough to go back home.

“I was looking forward to going home to my apartment, but everyone wanted me to have some help after I got there,” Mrs. Rexford added. “That was when I learned about Northern Lights.”

Northern Lights registered nurse Sue Liebfred, met with Mrs. Rexford and set up a care plan for her so that she would be safe and cared for at home. Northern Lights coordinated visits with Mrs. Rexford’s schedule and they discussed the type of help she would need. “Recuperating from pneumonia takes time and Ruby still needed some help with breathing issues and assistance with activities of daily living.”

“It was such a relief,” Mrs. Rexford said. “Sue was such a big help to me and Peggy, my home health aide, was wonderful. She helped me clean and was willing to do anything I needed to have done. Northern Lights Home Health Services is great. I would refer any of my friends. In fact, I already have.”

Northern Lights Home Health Care is owned by Canton-Potsdam Hospital, Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, Hospice of St. Lawrence Valley and United Helpers Management Company, Inc. To learn more, call (315) 714-3135, visit online at www.mynorthernlights.org or search Northern Lights on Facebook.
###



No comments:

Post a Comment